Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.8). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

Question LDS ordinance codes in chart boxes

• wtuser
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #1 by wtuser
LDS ordinance codes in chart boxes was created by wtuser
I have LDS ordinance codes in chart boxes selected with show in the Family tree preferences, but I am not seeing the summary.

Which charts should showing this summary?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #2 by bertkoor
Replied by bertkoor on topic LDS ordinance codes in chart boxes
The preference "LDS ordinance codes in chart boxes" has the technical name SHOW_LDS_AT_GLANCE.

Up until v1.6.2, webtrees had the preference SHOW_LDS_AT_GLANCE used in a function called print_pedigree_person. That function was called in the charts Ancestry, Descendancy, Familybook and Hourglass.

Since a major system overhaul in v1.7.0 the preference SHOW_LDS_AT_GLANCE is used only in the function individualBoxLdsSummary, contained in AbstractTheme.php. This function is not used by any other part of webtrees.

v1.7.0 was published in July 2015: about a year and a half ago. To my knowledge you are the first user noticing the LDS Ordinances have disappeared from the charts.

I see several options for you:
1. Downgrade to v1.6.2 (not backwards compatible I guess, requires deleting all trees and importing the data from GEDCOM)
2. Post this as a Request for New Feature: www.webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum/9-request-for-new-feature (although technically it reintroduces an old feature)
3. Raise this as an issue on GitHub: github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by bertkoor.

More
7 years 3 months ago #3 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic LDS ordinance codes in chart boxes
Removing this feature was an oversight, rather than a deliberate decision.

@wtuser - are you asking about this option because

a) you are curious about it
b) you want to use it

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• wtuser
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #4 by wtuser
Replied by wtuser on topic LDS ordinance codes in chart boxes
I was displaying the date of the events, but this caused some of the death dates to disappear in the charts.

With the LDS summary, hopefully, it could be displayed without losing the other events currently displayed in the charts.

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #5 by bertkoor
Replied by bertkoor on topic LDS ordinance codes in chart boxes
What the feature did was display a short string such as "BEC_" in the individual box, where the letters are derived from presence of the following events:
Code:
BAPL {BAPTISM-LDS}: = The event of baptism performed at age eight or later by priesthood authority of the LDS Church. (See also BAPM) ENDL {ENDOWMENT}: = A religious event where an endowment ordinance for an individual was performed by priesthood authority in an LDS temple. SLGC {SEALING_CHILD}: = A religious event pertaining to the sealing of a child to his or her parents in an LDS temple ceremony. SLGS {SEALING_SPOUSE}: = A religious event pertaining to the sealing of a husband and wife in an LDS temple ceremony.

If that's what you want to see (so the the details of these events are not relevant, but their presence is) then your answer to the question:

fisharebest wrote: are you asking about this option because

a) you are curious about it
b) you want to use it

... is presumably b)

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by bertkoor.

• wtuser
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #6 by wtuser
Replied by wtuser on topic LDS ordinance codes in chart boxes
That is correct. I am just looking that the event was done.